The University of Technology Sydney has a long history of providing further education to students; from its inception as a Mechanic’s Institute in 1833 to its present day, state of the art, tertiary education facility.
Notably, UTS is placed in the top 100 universities in the world and its sprawling campus comprises over 10 sites across Sydney, including several award-winning buildings recognised for their sustainability, innovation, and design.
Scope of works included:
Named after our 16th Prime Minister, Chifley Tower has stood tall overlooking Phillip Street’s important commercial precinct since 1988.
Alland Group recently completed a busy five floor core refurbishment which consisted of the removal of all existing electrical services, switchboard upgrades, C-BUS lighting control enhancements, along with all general, emergency, and specialised LED lobby lighting.
In order to fulfil the short building program and to limit the impact of these improvements on the tenants of the building, works were undertaken at night by our energetic and industrious Alland team.
The finished result looks as beautiful as it is modern. Another high-quality project…
Alland Group were once again excited to partner with Shape to deliver a 5 floor fit out (12,500m) of the ASIC office/s in Sydney.
Over the 8 months Alland Group spent onsite, ASIC needed to remain fully operational, therefore it was essential our program remained on target and completed on time.
The National Centre of Indigenous Excellence sits proudly on Gadigal land, home of the Gadigal peoples of the Eora nation and for many generations of Redfern locals the precinct was known as George Street Public school. After the school’s closure in 2003, redevelopment of the heritage listed buildings began and today the site maintains its historical educational purpose as the home of the NCIE.
As a vital part of the Redfern community, the NCIE facilitates positive transformative educational programs and provides access to high class recreational facilities, accommodation and business services.
Alland Group had the privilege of working with Built on…
As Australia’s first and oldest charity, The Benevolent Society has provided assistance to those in need since its inception in 1813. Initially focused on relief for ‘the poor, the distressed, the aged and the infirm’, the introduction of many of the Society’s support services are recognisable as valued parts of our welfare system today. Historically, help was provided in the way of clothing and food and as a refuge to the homeless. Many of the society’s initiatives with regard to women and children were eventually introduced by the NSW Government.
The Benevolent Society secured over 30 new sites within NSW…
The QBE building at 80-82A Pitt Street in the Sydney CBD was previously known as Bryant House and was built for the City Mutual Life Assurance Association as an investment property. The building was designed by Emil Sodersten in association with T. W. Hodgson and Sons and was constructed by Hutcherson Bros in 1939. The building features an unusual serrated facade of textured face brick above a polished granite plinth with simple Art Deco mouldings.
In 2016 Built engaged Alland Group to remove and upgrade all electrical and communications cabling and infrastructure to the entire building (14 floors) and upgrade…
The Harry Seidler designed MLC Centre remains one of his most definitive works and was awarded the Sir John Sulman Medal in 1983. The Architectus fit-out on Level 18, utilises Seidlers modernist hexagonal floor-plan to great effect, where the bones of the building are contrasted with fitout materials and furnishings.
Alland Group has carried out a full electrical and lighting fit-out for Architectus incorporating specialist lighting, Lighting control (C-Bus), energy metering, distribution board installation, cabling infrastructure, power reticulation, Cat 6 communication cabling system, work station power distribution and detailed architectural support systems..
Attention to detail and exceptional workmanship, for which Alland…